Do you have big plans for Memorial Day? Don’t let those plans derail you from your health and fitness goals. I am here to help! Check out these recipes you can bring along to your get togethers or make at home if you have guests coming.
Almond Butter Granola
- 4 tbsp. almond butter
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 c. oats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine almond butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until almond butter is slightly melted (about 30 seconds).
- Stir almond butter and honey together. Add cinnamon and vanilla to almond butter mixture.Stir oats and chia seeds into almond butter mixture, completely coating oats in the mixture.
- Spread oats onto cookie sheet and bake for eight minutes before tossing oats and baking for another eight minutes until granola is slightly brown.
- Let cool until granola is crunch and enjoy!1 Serving = 1/4 cup
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 2/3 cup toasted shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, optional
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Roll into bite-size balls.
3. Store in the fridge in an air-tight container.
We are getting ready for Sunday Night Football here since our Packers play the Seahawks. The family wanted cookies so I made these Gluten Free Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies and they are pretty damn tasty!
We aren’t gluten free here but I was looking for something a little healthier than the usually butter and bleached flour variety.
Gluten Free Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups Almond Flour/Meal
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 whole Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract (optional)
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine almond meal, baking soda and sea salt and set aside. Mix coconut oil and maple syrup in a mixer or by hand until creamy but not fully incorporated, about 5 minutes. Add whole egg, egg whites and extracts (if using) and mix for 2 additional minutes. Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix briefly. Add chocolate chips and mix until well combined. Place large rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, about 1-inch apart. Flatten slightly, to approximately 1-inch thickness. Bake until set and golden, about 15 minutes. Makes 25 servings.