Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper. Set aside a few minutes. Chop tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo and additional 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight. Toss in the cheese when ready to serve. Season chicken with salt and fresh pepper. Preheat the grill to medium-high, clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking. Grill the chicken 2 minutes on each side, set aside on a platter and top with bruschetta and serve.
Turkey Taco Quinoa Bake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 9×13 glass baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
2. Prepare quinoa as directed.
2. While quinoa is cooking, spray skillet and place on med-high heat. Add garlic and ground turkey. Break up meat and add your Chili Powder and Cumin as it browns. Before all the way cooked through, add your can of Rotel (I leave the juices in). Adjust seasonings to taste. NOTE: You could certainly use fresh onions, jalapenos and tomatoes if you wish.
3. Add 1.5 cups of shredded zucchini squash to your meat mixture. Allow to simmer until the veggies are tender.
4. Remove from heat and add your quinoa, tomato sauce and 1/4 c of shredded cheese. Mix together.
5. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with cilantro and remaining cheese.
6. Bake uncovered 20 mins until cheese is melted.
7. Divide into 4 equal portions.
Stir Fry Beef and Veggies
1. Combine soy sauce, 4 Tbsp. water, 1 Tbsp. corn starch, and honey in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining 1 Tbsp. cornstarch and 2 Tbsp. water in a large bowl; mix well. Add beef. Toss gently to coat.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium¬ high heat.
4. Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from skillet, keep warm.
5. Add broccoli, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes. Place broccoli mixture in beef bowl.
6. Add soy sauce mixture to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, over medium¬ high heat for 30 seconds, or until thickened.
7. Return beef and broccoli mixture to skillet; cook, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed and heated through
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over tenderloins. Cover and cook 4 hours on high or 6 on low. Flip tenderloins over half way and add more water in necessary. Serve over pasta, rice or with a side of roasted vegetables.
Instructions: Remove the steak from the marinade and gently shake off the excess marinade from the steak (but make sure there is still a coating of it, you’ll want the oil on it to help keep the steak from sticking to the grill). Place steak on the hot side of the grill. Grill for a minute or two on each side to get a good sear, then move the steak to the cooler side of the grill, cover and cook a few minutes more until done to your liking. You can grill portabella mushrooms and artichokes as a side dish and serve with a small baked potato.
Grilled Flank Steak
Marinate for 8 hours or overnight. Prepare your grill for high, direct heat with one part of the grill for lower, indirect heat. The grill is hot enough when you hold your hand about an inch over the hot side and you can only hold it there for about a second.
Remove the steak from the marinade and gently shake off the excess marinade from the steak (but make sure there is still a coating of it, you’ll want the oil on it to help keep the steak from sticking to the grill). Place steak on the hot side of the grill. Grill for a minute or two on each side to get a good sear, then move the steak to the cooler side of the grill, cover and cook a few minutes more until done to your liking.
You can grill portabella mushrooms and artichokes as a side dish and serve with a small baked potato.