Welcome to our 5 Day Clean Eating Group! If you are not already part of our Facebook group, you can join here. Please see our clean eating guidelines before you start. I do my meal planning, shopping and prep on Sunday so I am ready for the week. It also makes my week run smooth and helps me stick to my plan and avoid junk!
Start your morning off strong with this low-fat, high-protein egg cup recipe with your choice of ingredients. Make a batch during prep on Sunday for the whole week!
Choice of Fillings (get creative or keep it simple, just do you!): Southwestern Option Super Green Option Preparation:
Power Protein Egg Cups
Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
16 large egg whites (2 cups)
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Chicken and Peppers Option
2 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped
3 oz. cooked shredded chicken breast
2 cups chopped red bell peppers
1 cup chopped onion
12 medium jalapeños, seeds and veins removed, chopped
1½ cups black beans, drained, rinsed
6 oz. cheddar cheese (about ¾ cup)
1 cup steamed broccoli, coarsely chopped
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped raw spinach
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine almond milk and egg whites in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
4. Evenly divide turkey bacon, chicken, bell peppers, and onion between prepared muffin cups.
5. Evenly pour egg white mixture over turkey bacon mixture.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean, and eggs are set.
Choice of Fillings (get creative or keep it simple, just do you!):
Super Green Option