Honey Chicken and Veggie Kabobs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers (various colors), cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 lb button mushrooms, optional
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, optional
- 1 zucchini, sliced, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking.
- Place the chicken, garlic and onions in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight (best!).
- Preheat the grill for high heat. Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.