Slow Cooker Shredded Pork Taco Meat
- 4-6 lbs. pork loin or shoulder
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 oranges, sliced in half
- 1 lime, sliced in half
- Combine garlic salt, chili powder, dried oregano, dried basil, cumin, ground coriander, honey, and sweet paprika.
- Rub the spice mixture evenly over the pork. Place pork in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges and limes over the pork. Place rinds pulp side down in slow cooker over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours, or until pork is tender. If used shoulder, use a fork to pull away from bone and discard it.
- Taste the pork, add salt to taste.
Serve with corn tortillas or make it into nachos with some baked tortilla chips, queso fresco, pineapple salsa or simple tomato salsa and homeade 21 Day Fix guacamole and a side of my Lime Shrimp Quinoa Salad!