Everyone loves the big game and celebrates a big win but nobody wants to be the loser in the battle of the bulge! Have you heard that that this is the biggest weight gain weekend all year? You heard me right! I realize that this isn’t going to be your healthiest day of the year and that you may indulge a bit. I’m here to help you minimize the damage, and get through it without totally sacking your fitness goals. You don’t have to avoid every tempting platter of appetizers, but I’ve assembled some healthy recipes to give you an alternative to the unhealthy stuff.
1. Don’t arrive for kick-off with an empty stomach. Drink Shakeology or eat a light meal with lean protein before game time. This will help curb junk food cravings.
2. The best seat in the house is not front-and-center if there is a table filled with food within arms reach. Stake out a seat near the game but away from the junk.
3. Watch the game (and the commercials!). Talk to your friends. Cheer for your team. Heckle the other team. The more involved you are in the real action, the less likely you’ll be to absentmindedly fill your face hole with Funyuns.
4. Beer will be flowing. Have a plan for how many you’re going to drink before you start. Slow your intake, and ward off a Monday morning hangover by drinking tall glass of water between each beer.
5. Participate in the Game Day Challenge! AND check out the recipes below!