When I was a kid, French onion dip was the go-to appetizer at every party. Back then, we made if from a powdered mix and sour cream. Here is a healthier way to create this favorite dip from scratch using caramelized onions and nonfat yogurt. The result? It’s even tastier than the original.
French Onion Dip - The Remake
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- ¼ cup low-sodium organic beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over very low heat.
- Add onions; cook, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes, or until onions are soft and golden brown.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper if desired; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until broth has evaporated. Remove from heat. Let onion mixture cool completely.
- Combine onion mixture and yogurt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Chill, covered, for 1 hour (or overnight).
- Serve with raw vegetables for dipping.
21 Day Fix:
Adapted from Beachbody