Quinoa Granola Bars
- 2/3 cup PB2 powder*
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup quinoa flakes or gluten-free quick oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Mix the PB2 powder and water together until creamy. Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Add the quinoa flakes or oats, coconut and chocolate chips. Stir until well-combined, using your hands if you need to. The mixture will be a little dry, but should ultimately sick together.Line a 4″x 8″ loaf pan with parchment paper. Press mixture evenly into pan. Chill in the refrigerator a couple of hours. Remove from pan and cut across into bars. Store in the fridge.
*Instead of PB2 and water, you can try a generous 1/2 cup of regular peanut butter. You can also try sunflower seed butter for a peanut-free option.
Adapted from: Delicious As It Looks