We made a similar recipe in my 7 Day Clean Eating Crockpot Group and it was way too spicy, so here it is with adjustments made calm down the spice! I think when I originally made it I must have skipped the red pepper flakes, so I am leaving them out! 21 Day Fix Approved!
Crockpot Chicken Salsa
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 16oz salsa
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (if you want to make it spicy)
- black beans, optional
- corn, optional
- chopped kale, optional
1. Place chicken breasts, salsa and seasonings in crockpot.
2. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3.
3. Once chicken is completely cooked shred with a fork.
4. Add optional ingredients and cook for 30 minutes, if you wish.
5. Use lettuce or corn tortillas as wraps and your favorite toppings.