Do you have big plans for Memorial Day? Don’t let those plans derail you from your health and fitness goals. I am here to help! Check out these recipes you can bring along to your get togethers or make at home if you have guests coming.
Summer is coming and you can either run and hide or embrace and enjoy it!☀️
I’m not trying to be SUPER MODEL status but I’m aiming for confidence in whatever I wear and energy to keep up with the demands of my family & job without crashing from exhaustion. I’m aiming to set a good example for my kids & I am inviting you to join me!
Starting June 1st, it’s go time on my SUMMER SURVIVAL GUIDE Group!
😎30 days of fitness and nutrition accountability
😎Help enjoying vacations while staying on track.
😎Tip for eating out
😎Emotional eating help
😎Summer grilling and drink recipes – on plan!
BONUS: Buy a month of Shakeology and choose Cize or InsanityMax30 FREE from me!!!
Email me at CJessGoGetFit@gmail.com for all the details!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green
- chile peppers (such as RO*TEL)
- 2 T 21 Day Fix Southwest Seasoning
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir quinoa and onion in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and jalapeno pepper to quinoa mixture and cook until garlic is fragrant and slightly softened, 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Mix undrained can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, seasoning mix, and chicken broth into quinoa mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.
Vegan Black Bean & Quinoa Burger
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot(R))
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, hot pepper sauce, and egg into the black beans using your hands.
- Form the black bean mixture into 5 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
Cook the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels (frozen is better than canned and fresh is best!)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup peeled, diced jicama
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper, or to taste (spicy!)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt, or to taste
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed or lettuce wraps
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt, or to taste
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn, red onion, jicama, red bell pepper, and cilantro. Stir in lime juice and zest.
- In a small bowl, combine cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, and salt.
- Brush each fillet with olive oil, and sprinkle with spices to taste.
- Arrange fillets on grill grate, and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- For each taco, top two corn tortillas or lettuce wraps with fish, greek yogurt, and corn salsa.
21 Day Fix Containers: Corn tortillas Red, Yellow, 1/2 Green OR Lettuce Wraps Red, 1/2 Yellow, Green